In “I, Too,” the speaker expresses pride in his identity and his rightful place in America. Reflect on your own life: What aspect of your cultural identity are you most proud of, and why?

 Prompt Response: The aspect of my cultural identity that I am most proud of is simply being African-American. It fills me with joy to know that I am part of generations of growth. Through my family and various black historical figures, I can confidently say that I have been a part of something truly remarkable. African-Americans are incredibly resilient individuals with a remarkable intellect and a rich character. While the same qualities can be found in others, no one embodies them quite like we do.

Summary: In today's class we completed our "We Real Cool" poem assignment.

Reflection: Reflecting on this, this world is filled with incredibly unique individuals, each one more distinct than the last. While we may come from diverse backgrounds, financial situations, and households, I can confidently assert that our uniqueness runs through our veins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post the picture of your cultural identity mask onto your blog. Write a reflection about the creation process of the mask or presenting it to the class.

Describe a time that you had an encounter with a homeless person, either directly or indirectly. What did you think and how did it make you feel?

Thinking about "The Rockpile," what is something your parents forbade you from doing when you were growing up? Explain what it was and why they might have set that rule.